How to wash cloth diapers you ask? Rest assured, there are a few different ways you can tackle your diaper laundry. I have compiled a list of what I believe to be the best suggestions and tips for washing cloth diapers.
How To Wash Cloth Diapers
1. Choose a detergent that does not leave residue behind.
2. Use the sun to help get stains out.
3. Wash in warm/hot water
4. Do an extra rinse after each wash
5. Don’t over stuff each load
6. Use a sprayer for getting solids off each diaper before placing in a wet bag/pail.
7. Hang dry or dry on light heat
Hand Washing Cloth Diapers
1. Spray off the solids into the toilet.
2. Remove insert/prefold
3. Soak in hot water with detergent for at least 30 minutes
4. Rinse until there are no soap suds
5. Ring out and hang dry
A detergent I suggest you pick up is: Rockin’ Green Cloth Diaper & Laundry Detergent (Hard Rock, Bare Naked Babies),45 oz.
If you need to hand wash, I suggest picking up this: The Laundry Alternative Wonderwash Portable Compact Mini Washing Machine.
Always remember to check your diapers manufacturers directions when getting ready to prep your diapers. It is also important to know that some people use vinegar or bleach to keep the diapers clean. That is a personal preference thing that you need to decide on. As long as you are not over filling the washer, and using a detergent that doesn’t leave any residue behind, you should have an easy time with the laundry.
Do you have a suggestion on how to wash cloth diapers? If so, feel free to share with us.